Information for Parents
Club position is that if your child is under 12 years of age and they are selected for club competitions they must be accompanied by an adult. This can be a parent, guardian or by permission for another adult to accompany your child. This is for the safety of your child. If you have any questions please talk to one of the coaches.
Parents please note, in order to uphold our insurance and health and safety policies, your child will not be able to participate on training days/evenings or in league competitions until we are in receipt of a completed and paid for membership. Forms are available at each training time.
Athletes and parents/guardians are reminded the Teams are selected to maximise Team strength and not to suit individual preferences. Athletes personal bests will also be taken into consideration and the Team Managers decision is final and has the full support of the executive committee.
If selected to compete for the club at a league match the athlete will be given a Team sheet that has all the required information included on it. Athletes will be required to wear a Club vest which can be purchased from the Club. We also have a selection of tops/t-shirts with our sponsors logo for purchase.
Health and Safety
In this age of blame culture the Club must be aware of all health and safety issues involved in running a club. As a result the following safety rules must be adhered to:
* All athletes no matter the age must do as asked by the coach at each session; these sessions are designed to be of benefit to all athletes.
* If an athlete for any reason feels unable to complete the session they must inform the coach immediately.
* No athlete should attend training or competitions if not 100% fit unless agreed by the coach in advance.
* Athletes behaviour must be acceptable to the coaches and in no way endanger the safety of themselves and other athletes.
* If an athlete is either unable or unwilling to complete a session then the coach can request that the athlete be sent home.
The enjoyment and safety of ALL the athletes are of utmost importance for athletes and coaches.